20 Telltale Signs You Have Got the Kuredu Bug
Kuredu is not an oh-so-good holiday destination. It’s much more than that: it’s an island that gets under your skin. A resort that worms into your system and gives your every atom one hell of a shake-up.
If references to Kuredu have become a constant in your life, or worse, you can’t wait for your better half to finally give in and redefine the family emergency fund to include one, contingently two more weeks on the island – chances are, you’ve caught the Kuredu bug.
To help you find out just to what extent you’ve been infected, finish off whatever you’re doing (we didn’t think you would!) and go see how many of the signs you can relate to:
1. It’s 10 am and you’ve already checked the webcam. There’s nothing quite like the smell of coffee in the morning and a brief, just a brief peek at the main pool area. If anything’s changed from last night, you MUST be the first one on top of it.
2. There is at least one piece of Kuredu memorabilia at your office space. Even a postcard to yourself can be a handy relief for when that 9 to 5 drudge starts to wear a bit thin and a new happiness goal is needed to get you through the day.
3. You have a countdown set up. Your life runs in days, hours, minutes and seconds to Kuredu.
4. Your dreams are made of this:
5. You’ve replaced the word heron with Henry in your vocabulary. Because everyone knows Henry.
6. You’re jealous of your neighbours’ new barbecue, but hearing about Laurie and Terri going to Kuredu for their 36th time… that, oh that fires you with envy more!
7. Dressing in white to go out on Friday night doesn’t quite feel as cool as it does when at Kuredu.
8. You know it’s called wishful thinking, but you always check the local bars’ menus for the same refreshing cocktails you had on Kuredu.
9. When your balance has been paid and/or your tickets arrive, the excitement in your status updates almost breaks Facebook. And you can’t wait to set that out-of-office email reply either, can you?
10. You thought Ben Barnes had the nicest smile in the world. Then you met Yaafish of Prodivers.
11. In the seaplane, you pretended to be reading the TMA in-flight magazine. If the views were just too breathtaking, but you want to carry on where you left with the cowry shells trade article, you can find their recent magazine here.
12. You took a dozen photos of the sandbank during the day. And another hundred at sunset.
13. You’re jumping on the bed the day you book, the day your travel documents arrive, the day you take off and pretty much every day while you’re here. You absolutely love this place!
14. When in doubt, you consult Fikry.
15. Leaving the island sends you on an emotional roller coaster than goes on long after the tan fades.
16. Walking barefoot around the house just doesn’t feel the same as when you sink your toes into Kuredu’s powdery, squeaky-clean sand.
17. You will only believe there is heaven when you see they serve Kuredu chefs’ pastries.
18. You compare your local spa to Duniye Spa and you’re not impressed.
19. You don’t get hungry. You get a ‘Franco’s craving’.
20. You oftentimes ask yourself: ‘If I didn’t have Kuredu, how different would my life be?’
Diagnosis confirmed? Congratulations, you are infected with the Kuredu bug!