Celebrate Earth Day with Kuredu
April 22nd 2020 marks the 50th annual Earth Day where millions of people around the world unite in this global movement aimed at raising awareness of the changes needed to protect our planet.
The team at Kuredu Resort Maldives is passionate about sustainability and protecting the environment and have taken many steps to ensure the island operates in harmony with key practices for a greener tomorrow. From the in-house production and bottling of drinking water, our eco-friendly housekeeping undertakings and waste reduction initiatives to sustainable seafood choices, the fresh fruit and vegetables growing in the greenhouses, seagrass meadow conservation and the harnessing of solar energy, Kuredu has been known to have many bright ideas contributing to the preservation of the natural environment.
We’d like to share 10 ways you can make a positive change for the environment at home:
- – Recycle paper, plastic and glass
- – Change your paper bills to online billing – you’ll be saving trees and the fuel it takes for delivery
- – Compost kitchen scraps for use in your garden — turning waste into fertilizer
- – Turn off and unplug electronics you’re not using
- – Lower the temperature on your water heater and home heating
- – Use a ‘bag for life’
- – Say ‘no’ to single use plastics
- – Walk or ride a bike instead of using the car
- – Shop locally
- – Replace inefficient incandescent light bulbs with efficient CFLs or LEDs
If everyone takes even a few small steps it can mean a big change for the better for our planet, so please join Kuredu and make a commitment to planet Earth for Earth Day and beyond.