Earth Day 2021 – Restore the Planet with Kuredu
April 22nd 2021 marks Earth Day where millions of people around the world unite in this global movement aimed at raising awareness of the changes needed to restore planet Earth.
The team at Kuredu Resort Maldives is passionate about sustainability and protecting the environment and have taken many steps to ensure the island operates in harmony with key practices for a greener tomorrow. From the in-house production and bottling of drinking water, our eco-friendly housekeeping undertakings and waste reduction initiatives to sustainable seafood choices, the fresh fruit and vegetables growing in the greenhouses, seagrass meadow conservation, harnessing solar energy and daily beach clean ups, Kuredu continually striving to preserve the natural environment and if we all take action together we can make an even bigger impact.
10 ways you can make a positive change for the environment at home:
1. Organise or take part in regular clean ups in your local area
2. Change your paper bills to online billing – you’ll be saving trees and the fuel it takes for delivery
3. Compost kitchen scraps for use in your garden — turning waste into fertilizer
4. Turn off and unplug electronics you’re not using
5. Recycle paper, plastic and glass
6. Use a ‘bag for life’
7. Say ‘no’ to single-use plastics
8. Walk, or ride a bike, instead of using the car
9. Shop locally
10. Replace inefficient incandescent light bulbs with efficient CFLs or LEDs
If everyone takes even a few small steps it can mean a big change for the better for our planet, so please join Kuredu and make a commitment to planet Earth for Earth Day and beyond.