Kuredu’s Education Sponsorship: This Year’s Students
Growing our talent is something we all are very passionate about at Kuredu Resort & Spa, Maldives. This year, we will be sponsoring seven more team members to study at the Maldives National University and at the MAPS College in Male. . Four of our employees will do a two-year Diploma in Hospitality, and the remainder will do a six-months Certificate course.
Kuredu will sponsor the students for the course fees, accommodation in Male, meals and study materials, in addition to the monthly salary they would be earning working at the resort.
Kuredu’s General Manager Ken Flockhart, Crown & Champa Resorts Training & Development Manager, Paula Bell, and our new CCR Trainer, Terence Rodrigues, and the Heads of Departments, all attended the formal briefing about the sponsorship and what to expect in the year to come. All our students were ecstatic to learn that they will also receive a laptop from the company as a gift of appreciation, and of course to be given an opportunity to take part in numerous projects to help them grow and gain more knowledge and experience.
This year’s students, who are destined to be Kuredu’s future supervisors and managers, are:
– Hussain Abdul Rahman, Island Host: 2-year Diploma in Hospitality Management at MNU,
– Ismail Abdulla, Front Office Supervisor: 2-year Diploma in Hospitality Management at MAPS,
– Hassan Liushaan Mohamed, Head Waiter: 2-year Diploma in Hospitality Management at MNU,
– Mohamed Samih Imad, Reservations Agent: 2-year Diploma in Hospitality Management at MNU,
– Abdulla Ismail, Houskeeping Floor Supervisor: 6-month Certificate III in Housekeeping Operations at MNU,
– Ibrahim Abdulla, Assistant Head Waiter: 6-month Certificate III in Food & Beverage Operations at MNU,
– Adam Naseer, Accounts Payable Supervisor: 6-month Introductory Certificate in Financial & Management Accounting at MAPS.
And what are our current sponsored students saying about their experience?
Bibi Farnham, HR Manager